MPS (MIXTAPE PRESERVATION SOCIETY HOUR 48)



I don't know why I couldn't get it together and remember that this was going to be the 48th and NOT the 49th podcast of MPS... I guess I'm ready for that 50 landmark threshold... but in reality I've done well over 50 podcasts total if you count the YouTube channel. When I first started this podcast it was a weekly thing and now it happens when it happens. Quarantine gave me enough free time to do some catching up but really I'm just taking it as it comes.

This week I rap with my old friend Asaf, who played drums in bands I was a part of in high school and my early twenties. As a matter of fact, you can hear some of Asaf's contributions to the rap group I was in back in the '90s-- just check out Hour 17 of this podcast to hear examples of his drumming, the best being "Ganja Stick".

Asaf is an avid vinyl collector and so the majority of our conversation is about LPs and our passions for records. He gives me some selections to try on for size such as Karen Dalton and Judee Sill and we also reminisce about Da Good Ol' Days and how our mixtape trading became the seed for what you're listening to today.


00:00 - Intro/Sunshine Of Your Love
03:45 - Opening Segment
07:45 - Asaf Mordoch interview pt. 1
14:25 - Something's On Your Mind
17:25 - Asaf Mordoch interview pt. 2
18:22 - The Vigilante
21:59 - Asaf Mordoch interview pt. 3
27:58 - It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night/Spanish Castle Magic
31:17 - Asaf Mordoch interview pts. 4 & 5
54:30 - "Sure I has the stuff..."
54:55 - Asaf Mordoch interview pt. 6
1:00:30 - End of the Hour

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MPS (MIXTAPE PRESERVATION SOCIETY HOUR 38)

Hour Nine... Hour Nine... Hour Nine...

MPS HOUR 59