MPS MIXTAPE PRESERVATION SOCIETY HOUR 25


So imagine my surprise when I discovered through a friend that Annie Clark aka St. Vincent has a podcast titled "Mixtape Delivery Service"!

I absolutely adore St. Vincent, and so it feels like some cosmic connection when it really is just an extravagant coincidence that we have such similarly-themed podcasts. Of course, she is famous and talented, and has been doing the podcast since 2015 at least... so I will definitely look like the one who is biting her style. Luckily, despite my insistence that I have my ear to the ground and my finger on the pulse of what's new, I actually live in a bubble (the size of the state of Indiana) and hardly ever listen to podcasts, and did not know about her podcast even though I saw her live in Indianapolis around the time she was starting her Mixtape Delivery Service. Shows you how hip I am...

But I continue on undeterred. I could always change the name and the concept, after all... This is merely my first foray into podcasting and I'm learning the ropes. Still, I find it awesome that she already has something similar (and much better) than what I have. I just hope people believe me when I say I hadn't heard of hers until today.

This hour is the second part of my interview with Haylie Sampsel, and we talk about the kind of drums she prefers, the best desserts to follow sushi, and growing up in Tipton, Indiana while making a beeline for Nashville, Tennessee. There's more fun to be heard in this part of the interview because we got more comfortable and full from a hearty meal.

Along the way I play songs by Chris Stapleton, Alice In Chains, TLC, Loretta Lynn featuring Jack White, and Ms. Clark herself. There's a slight surprise at the end, and even Mr. Frank Zappa makes a background appearance.

Next week I may begin a series of podcasts that eschews guests and focuses on concepts for the entire hour, such as 70s comedy albums or obscure and esoteric artists that I enjoy. But for now, just listen to what I'm serving up. It may surprise you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MPS (MIXTAPE PRESERVATION SOCIETY HOUR 38)

Hour Nine... Hour Nine... Hour Nine...

MPS HOUR 59